OUR MISSION STATEMENT & PURPOSES
Why We Exist As a Church
LBC exists to love God, love people, and make disciples.
This mission is summarized in two key scriptures: The Great Commandment and the Great Commission
The Great Commandment: “Jesus said, ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart...soul...and mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: Love your neighbor as yourself. All the Law and Prophets hang on these two commandments.’” Matt. 22:36-40
The Great Commission: “Jesus said, ‘Go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.” Matt. 28:19-20
Our Mission is accomplished through our Five Purposes:
- WORSHIP - “Love God with all your heart” (Loving God)
- MINISTRY - “Love your neighbor as yourself” (Loving People)
- MISSIONS - “Go...make disciples” (Making Disciples)
- ?DISCIPLESHIP - “Teach them to obey all things” (Making Disciples)
- FELLOWSHIP - “Baptize them...” (Loving People)
OUR STATEMENT OF FAITH
What We Believe
Lascassas Baptist Church fully accepts the beliefs set forth in the 2000 edition of The Baptist Faith and Message.